Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

My annual Gonzo Halloween Greeting.
 Halloween's a big deal in New Orleans. People here love any reason to get costumed up. Many people, myself included, have a costume collection. I have a small closet where all my wigs, costumes, and accessories live. Being in the Pussyfooters I get to dress up year round. Saturday we were in the Krewe of Boo parade that was an absolute blast! I found the cutest witch hat at the grocery store of all places, and built my costume around that. We all had to wear our pink corsets. Our colors are pink, orange, white and silver so Krewe of Boo is the rare chance to wear some black. Most of the pieces I already had. In addition to the hat, I bought the striped gloves and tights. I also found orange, battery operated Christmas lights that I sewed onto my tutu.

The whole ensemble with Staar behind me.

Me with one of my Camel Toe Lady Stepper friends.
Me with fellow Pussyfooter witch.
That's me photobombing my scarey doll friend. (The Times-Picayune)  
I also carved pumpkins this weekend. I knew they rot pretty quickly here thanks to our warm and humid weather. But this year was an exception. I put them out Sunday night, by Tuesday they were in my compost bin.


Ewwwww!
Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are things that ppl have posted to preserve carved pumpkins. everything from vaseline to - i cant remember, but maybe try that instead?

Steph said...

Love the costume!! Especially, the tights, gloves, and tutu!!

NOLA Cleophatra said...

Thanks Steph!

A friend did post you can spray the inside of the pumpkin with a solution of bleach water then put vaseline on the cut places. I'm going to follow up with her and see if it really worked.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast at Krewe of Boo! :)

And damn those pumpkins to rot quickly. I didn't realize it was pretty much instantaneous.