Saturday, July 08, 2006

Greetings!
I decided to start up a new blog. I'm sure many of you remember our post-Katrina blogs Part 1 and Part 2. As life continued on and we made it through Mardi Gras we stopped posting and sending out our emails o' rant. We've both been very fortunate to have plenty of work to keep us busy. I was concern that my company, Creative Zumo, wouldn't have any clients... I'm happy to say we still have our existing clients and have added several more. It seems many people, after Katrina, have decided to pursue the career path they always wanted to try but were afraid and are now starting their own businesses. G is now 100% self employed and having to turn work down. Several firms have approached him with jobs offers but he's quite content being his own boss. If you know any out-of-work architects, tell them to come to New Orleans. The majority of the rebuilding has yet to start as people continue to haggle with insurance companies, FEMA and the SBA. The rebuilding planning process drags on. Houses have stood gutted for months while the owners wait to get money and find out "will my neighbors come back and rebuild?" "Do I have to raise my house." The one-year anniversary of Katrina is less than 2 months away.

Hopefully we won't need to use this to communicate with people again while we sit in exile somewhere other than our home. Which is where the "Casa Verde" comes from, "Green House" 'cause our house is painted, well, green. Instead I hope to continue to comment on the rebuilding of New Orleans, our house, our cats and so on. So thanks for stopping by!

No comments: