Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm signed up for the "NOLAReady" alert system. They've been sending out this alert about the high river:
The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Warning for New Orleans.

THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER AT NEW ORLEANS. * FROM TUESDAY APRIL 22 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED. * AT 7:00 PM TUESDAY THE STAGE WAS 16.7 FEET. * MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * THE FLOOD STAGE IS 17.0 FEET. * FORECAST...THE RIVER IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE RISING TO NEAR FLOOD STAGE BY TUESDAY MORNING APRIL 22ND. * IMPACT...AT 17.0 FEET...THE RIVER WILL RISE ON THE LEVEE MAKING NAVIGATION AND DOCKING DIFFICULT. THE CITY IS PROTECTED TO A PROJECT HEIGHT OF 20 FEET.
What is a "Project Height"???

Chicory has some great photos of the river. I wandered over to Tim's Nameless blog and he says "Cause for panic--no." and I guess he should know (but that was last week). But I'm still keeping an eye out for water in the streets and glad we have our 2 new "escape hatches" in the attic.

We are on week 3 of roofers banging around on top of our house. The kitties seem to be less freaked out. I just want the dumpster in front to be gone so I can park in front of my house again.


No comments: