Saturday, January 19, 2008

OMG y'all it's COLD outside! It's 2:18 pm and it's 40 degrees! And that's not taking into account wind chill and humidity. People in Chicago and Milwaukee would say "that's not cold" and up there that's true. But we live in the sub-tropics. We were going to go watch Krewe du Vieux tonight, but I'm sorry, not in this weather. It's still wet from last night's non-stop rain. Though the weather goes perfectly with their theme of "Magical Misery Tour."

This is the kind of weather I expected when we got married in Scotland May 2003. But the weather was suprisingly nice and mild for our trip with almost no rain. Maybe it helped I was running a fever from the cold I caught from the guy sitting next to me on the trans-Altantic trip. Thanks dude. The pictures below from Whitbey were taken on that trip. So we have a soft spot for Scotland which is why I ordered my haggis today in anticipation of Burn's Night on January 25th. Burn's Night is to honor Robert Burns "Scotland's Bard and most famous son" who penned such memorable tomes such as Auld Lang Syne and My Love is like a Red Red Rose. Less well know on our side of the pond is Address to a Haggis. Mmmm a hot, steaming bowl of haggis and a wee dram would be quite nice right now. But I have to wait. I guess I better go drag the plants in for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm having a haggis flashback.I need he'p....