Friday, July 23, 2010


And so it begins...

Tropical Storm Bonnie is off the coast of Florida and the current forecast has it coming right to New Orleans. A friend in Miami said it wasn't too bad for them.

I was already to leave the office early when I got an email from a client who wanted a contingency plan for his company's website (a shopping mall) due to the storm, to let people know whether they are open or not. Which made me realize that I am totally unprepared for hurricane season. Now I have an iPhone, there's got to be a way to update web page from my phone. If the power is out I wouldn't be able to use a computer. I downloaded an HTML editing app and will have to test it to see how well it works. I know there's a way to update this blog from my phone because I did it during hurricane Gustav, I'm just not sure I remember how.

Bonnie is one of those wake-up calls. August is right around the corner and that's when hurricane season really picks up. Everyone realizes they better get on the stick.

Hopefully this won't be a big deal. My biggest concern is the oil and dispersant that will probably get pushed ashore and into the fragile wetlands, lakes and inlets. Ugh. It could get even messier. We'll just have to wait and see.

I always refer to Bob Breck's Blog and Weather Underground.
Pay no attention to CNN and the Weather Channel.

2 comments:

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I'm so glad Bonnie broke up! HAHA I was really concerned when I saw her coming. Prayers really do help. I didn't know we could update our blogs from our phone. Is there an app for that? If you find out, please pass the information to me. I would so appreciate it.

NOLA Cleophatra said...

I can't remember how I did it. I think there's some way to do it through email. When I figure it out I'll let you know. :-)