Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Smoke and mirrors

I feel baffled when people “play” the race card. One recent example: Veronica White calling Stacy Head a racist. In my dealings with Ms. Head she’s never said or done anything that made me think she is a racist. Thanks to an excellent post on American Zombie I now understand why I feel baffled – it’s not about race. Duh!

Have you noticed how people who boldly proclaim themselves to be something are usually the opposite? Vitter and family values for one example? If someone has to blow his or her own trumpet so much, it makes you wonder. Maybe we can assume the reverse – some one who keeps calling other people racist is actually the racist. It’s a game politicians play when running for office. Pay attention to whom is slinging the mud, directing the discussion away from issues and from themselves.

The old guard – black and white – is coming down and they are not going to go quietly.

* * * * *

It’s Springtime again. Which means everything covered in green pollen and I continue my gardening attempts seen here on my garden blog.

2 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

Good old-fashioned projection. feh.

Jason Brad Berry said...

- The old guard – black and white – is coming down and they are not going to go quietly.

from your lips to angel's ears. they can't go down quickly enough for me.